Book 3 - Page 95

"Stand by."

Book 3 - Page 95
Comic - Book 3 - Page 95
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Nobody is linked to Lilith in the way Maggie and Wanda are linked together. She is bound to Wanda through the pliers so Wanda can see into her mind, and walk in with the help of Maggie. We do not know what impact Lilith's death would have on them. This is a situation we have not yet encountered.
DunkelMentat wrote:
Nobody is linked to Lilith in the way Maggie and Wanda are linked together. She is bound to Wanda through the pliers so Wanda can see into her mind, and walk in with the help of Maggie. We do not know what impact Lilith's death would have on them. This is a situation we have not yet encountered.

We can guess. Ansom falling and being incapacitated broke the link and took both Wanda and Maggie out of commission for a bit. We can pretty safely assume that Lilith croaking would be worse.
It's hard to tell. We know little enough about the mechanics of it that Rob could choose to make it anywhere from "Wanda and Maggie both croak" to "Wanda and Maggie blink, wake up, and are fine" depending on how he wants to take the story.
If Wanda croaked while wielding the pliers, might she automatically decrypt herself?

And if she did, might she start loving herself?
drachefly wrote:
If Wanda croaked while wielding the pliers, might she automatically decrypt herself?

And if she did, might she start loving herself?


Doesn't self-decryption cause hairy palms?
sigh...
Just finished reading through the whole thread. Wow, long pauses like this give rise to very interesting conversations (and lurkers like me coming out of the shadows!)

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I keep remembering this page, next-to-last panel:

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/88

and wondering if Charlie's pulling a dittomancy trick as a last layer of defense. Not likely, but it's there in the back of my mind because of that repeated sentence and because Charlie's always going to have some trick up his sleeve.

Particularly funny would be if he carny/ditto'ed an unusual copy, say to hide his true nature... and then included the partial copy in a caster linkup with the real one to do what he did to Lilith. The idea that ditto'ed copies could link up sounds right, since ditto'ed rulers can rule, but we'll see. It feels like dittomancy's getting overused lately so that repeated line might also just be a red herring to make people like me overthink it.

Regardless, if it is a linked-up copy, that leads to possible sequence:

- Lilith destroys not-quite-Charlie.
- backlash from broken caster link leaves real-Charlie in bad shape.
- GK pays up.
- ArchArchons destroy Lilith.
- backlash boops up Waggie.

No matter whether that's how it goes, fun times are ahead.
Lipkin wrote:
DunkelMentat wrote:
Nobody is linked to Lilith in the way Maggie and Wanda are linked together. She is bound to Wanda through the pliers so Wanda can see into her mind, and walk in with the help of Maggie. We do not know what impact Lilith's death would have on them. This is a situation we have not yet encountered.

We can guess. Ansom falling and being incapacitated broke the link and took both Wanda and Maggie out of commission for a bit. We can pretty safely assume that Lilith croaking would be worse.


There isn't much of Lilith left, maybe that matters, not disconnecting from much. Or maybe the fact that she has natural thinkamancy would make it less bad, she would take the backlash on herself. Or who knows.
drachefly wrote:
If Wanda croaked while wielding the pliers, might she automatically decrypt herself?

And if she did, might she start loving herself?

Heh. Probably. She'd probably start using her omni-casting again. And give a bonus to herself. If she's really lucky she'd probably get some new unlocks on the Pliers.

RCCIII Unit: I croaked the witch guys! I got that good for nothing cheating, crap caster... she's standing behind me isn't she.
RCCIII Ruler: Glowing with power by the looks of it. She's murdering you now.
RCCIII Unit: All Praise Mistress Wanda!
RCCIII Ruler: Should have seen that coming. All Praise Mistress Wanda!
DunkelMentat wrote:
Lipkin wrote:
DunkelMentat wrote:
Nobody is linked to Lilith in the way Maggie and Wanda are linked together. She is bound to Wanda through the pliers so Wanda can see into her mind, and walk in with the help of Maggie. We do not know what impact Lilith's death would have on them. This is a situation we have not yet encountered.

We can guess. Ansom falling and being incapacitated broke the link and took both Wanda and Maggie out of commission for a bit. We can pretty safely assume that Lilith croaking would be worse.


There isn't much of Lilith left, maybe that matters, not disconnecting from much. Or maybe the fact that she has natural thinkamancy would make it less bad, she would take the backlash on herself. Or who knows.


I don't see how an already dusted Lillith could take the backlash of anything. Unless maybe some new thing the pliers can do prevent dusting so long as the target is still being casted on.

I'm curious if material harm refers only to physical damage that can be repaired by waiting a turn. Mental damage is definitely persistent. The nature of the Erfworld minds are independent from Erf axis. Minds have to be allowed to keep changes between turns or memories and other mental improvements would just revert. The flip side is mental damage isn't reverted either. At least that's how I understand it.