Book 3 - Page 63

Book 3 - Page 63
Comic - Book 3 - Page 63
Recent posts... (See full thread)
OneHugeTuck wrote:

I agree. If Balder would just remove all the blatant sexism, violence, cruelty, classism, fatism, racism, greedism, etc, it would be a really great story.


Nope. Just the sexism is fine, thanks.
sooperspryte wrote:
OneHugeTuck wrote:

I agree. If Balder would just remove all the blatant sexism, violence, cruelty, classism, fatism, racism, greedism, etc, it would be a really great story.


Nope. Just the sexism is fine, thanks.

Actually, removing fatalism would really improve story for me.

But someone else it would be violence. And for someone else it's cruelty. Etc.
If Balder ever starts listening to people who complain about "isms", he might as well hand creative control of his comic over to the People's Non-discriminatory Republic of Correct Goodthink. Once it starts, it never, ever stops.
Slicer wrote:
If Balder ever starts listening to people who complain about "isms", he might as well hand creative control of his comic over to the People's Non-discriminatory Republic of Correct Goodthink. Once it starts, it never, ever stops.

My point exactly. I don't think Rob is anymore bound to follow anyone's advice, no more than we are bound to read/donate to this comic.

Fatalism is my biggest gripe, but overall the story is enjoyable and the Fate thing is mostly a side annoyance. Heck, so far my biggest complain was Jillian and it seems that's rapidly improving. Jill needed a foil to make her look caring and Albert In a Can provides.
-D- wrote:
Jill needed a foil to make her look caring and Albert In a Can provides.


Personally, I think every character needs a foil. :mrgreen: Brings out the best/worst/most interesting in characters. I liked Jill best of all when she and Ansom were verbally sparring in book 1. Hoping Albert brings back some of that.
I am surprised hardly anyone mentioned Vinny in this update. He is after all the one who's comment caused Albert to throw the dagger. Albert in his first update had a lot of respect for Vinny. Was Albert in part trying to show off?
Oh definitely, Albert was showing off for Vinny at least as much if not more than his mom, in my opinion.

-

Regarding the fatalism, I wouldn't accept this story's level of fatalism from any other work of fiction, unless it had a good in-story reason to exist. For this, I view it as a force of Erfworld nature, like magic, that we simply don't have here. Sometimes I might say "fate wants" but I don't mean it's an actual person or that it necessarily has a will of it's own, either.
Mirage GSM wrote:

Turnamancer are already Swiss Army Casters.*

*There's no analogy quite as graphic as the German one :-)


That's hilarious, thanks for sharing! Trust the people who have a word for schadenfreude* to come up with that.


* I can't help but hear a voice saying "schaden-wawa?" every time I encounter that word. Thanks Afterlife!
sooperspryte wrote:

I do think the amount of vitriol in these forum threads against Jillian is surprising, esp since there doesn't seem to be much against Ansom, who is at least as annoying.


I would hypothesize it is because Ansom did us the courtesy of dying.
wraith203 wrote:
sooperspryte wrote:

I do think the amount of vitriol in these forum threads against Jillian is surprising, esp since there doesn't seem to be much against Ansom, who is at least as annoying.


I would hypothesize it is because Ansom did us the courtesy of dying.

Yes, but then he got better.