Book 3 - Page 53

Book 3 - Page 53
Comic - Book 3 - Page 53
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Ashendant wrote:
Hidden Sanity wrote:
Well, that and the headache spell, I assume croakamancers have the ability to do a number of unpleasant things to a living body...


The headache spell was probably thinkamancy.

I imagine Thinkamancy probably could do that, but in IPTSF, it is stated that Croakamancy has access to basic Shockmancy. And Wanda uses that to torture Jillian.
I wonder if that's the direct combat application of croakamancy... their senses allow a perfect picture of a unit's physiology, and if they tried to apply Motion to parts of a still living unit, that'd HAVE to be uncomfortable. Inducing spasms and seizures, basically.

Heh. Low level use would be charlie horses, higher level would be heart attacks and organ failure.
No one in particular wrote:
I wonder if that's the direct combat application of croakamancy... their senses allow a perfect picture of a unit's physiology, and if they tried to apply Motion to parts of a still living unit, that'd HAVE to be uncomfortable. Inducing spasms and seizures, basically.

Heh. Low level use would be charlie horses, higher level would be heart attacks and organ failure.

Wanda should link up with Ace and make a voodoo doll.
In regards to the upkeep of Golems, Uncroaked etc just to potentially throw another confusing idea into the mix perhaps they cost upkeep but that is reduced because they have no 'food' component to their maintenance.

We know that foraging, preparing a meal and the like can reduce upkeep. We also know that Dove wanted 75 shmuckers for upkeep on the condition the side fed her (in the DigDoug story) so that potentially implies there is always a schmuckers cost to upkeep regardless of how well fed one is. It could be that magically created units do have a low upkeep cost because it doesn't include the food element of that upkeep (because they don't need it).

This would make all comments about the uncroaked consistent.

It isn't just the upkeep of non-sentient Golem's I would like answers on it is upkeep in general. It is a little bit muddled at the moment, or I have potentially just missed something in an update regarding it.
twhitt wrote:
I don't see any longer what it was that caused the RCC to unite against Stanley. Perhaps someone remembers. I was thinking he got too big and it was an alliance of necessity.

Well first off he was a non-Royal who had replaced the ruler of a Royal side through rite of succession. The neighboring sides assumed regicide, which might still be true (after all, there is pretty much no way Charlie's intel was so bad he didn't know Stanley was heir, we know he could intercept the eyebook messages). So Stanley was already on the outs with them. Then Wanda convinces Stanley to go on a crusade for the other Arkentools, which leads him to pick a fight with Jetstone, so Jetstone and all of its royalist allies dogpiled on Gobwin Knob in retaliation. The conflict quickly escalated thanks in no small part to manipulation by Charlie, who was trying to get both Stanley and Ansom croaked so he could claim their Tools.
Dante wrote:
Then Wanda convinces Stanley to go on a crusade for the other Arkentools, which leads him to pick a fight with Jetstone, so Jetstone and all of its royalist allies dogpiled on Gobwin Knob in retaliation.


Just as a minor note, Stanley didn't really pick a fight with Jetstone, he croaked a few of Jetstone's field units, it might not even have been on purpose. Ansom really went after Stanley because of the royalty issue, and not because he cared about some small border skirmish.
Dante wrote:
(after all, there is pretty much no way Charlie's intel was so bad he didn't know Stanley was heir, we know he could intercept the eyebook messages).

Just a minor note, GK didn't have the eyebooks until Stanley (as Overlord) ordered the Eyemancer link.
ManaCaster wrote:
No one in particular wrote:
I wonder if that's the direct combat application of croakamancy... their senses allow a perfect picture of a unit's physiology, and if they tried to apply Motion to parts of a still living unit, that'd HAVE to be uncomfortable. Inducing spasms and seizures, basically.

Heh. Low level use would be charlie horses, higher level would be heart attacks and organ failure.

Wanda should link up with Ace and make a voodoo doll.


I think it would be more Signamancy + Dollmancy to make a voodoo doll. Otherwise it's not a bad idea.

As far as the stone head goes, maybe it can intelligently use juice stored in it instead of having a caster use the juice to attack.
Another possibility is that the type of caster providing juice can give the tower additional abilities. For example, lookamancer juice would allow it to pierce veils or dirtamancy juice would allow it to turn the city into a deathtrap. Imagine a siege tower and diggers going up to the walls, only to be smashed by a hand formed from said wall.
Man in the Mists wrote:
I think it would be more Signamancy + Dollmancy to make a voodoo doll. Otherwise it's not a bad idea.


I think a convincing case could be made for both. I don't see any reason why two different linkups could not provide the same or very similar effects in the end product.
BrightUmbra wrote:
Man in the Mists wrote:
I think it would be more Signamancy + Dollmancy to make a voodoo doll. Otherwise it's not a bad idea.


I think a convincing case could be made for both. I don't see any reason why two different linkups could not provide the same or very similar effects in the end product.


Now all we need is some of Charlie's hair... fingernail clippings are not a thing that exists in Erfworld. But if they did, you'd probably have to claim them as a trophy to stop them from depopping at start of turn.

That is making me laugh.