Book 3 - Page 324

John Hamcock

Book 3 - Page 324
Comic - Book 3 - Page 324
Recent posts... (See full thread)
tomaO2 wrote:

I also assumed this because TV refers to the name of the capital, in addition to the side. I mean, it's not an invalid interpretation to say that the thing means the city, rather than the side, or that it refers to both, since they both have the same name. To say I'm just wrong for thinking that it needs to be in the capital is one thing, but to also say that the obviously correct interpretation is "it only needed to be in TV's (the side of TV's), custody, and the location doesn't matter", is not any better.



The contract states at the beginning that T.V. shall be used as an identifier for the Regency of Transylvito, therefore the line is explicitly stating the side, not the city.
Anomynous 167 wrote:
kaylasdad99 wrote:
Any reason for Jed NOT to ask HueHue to pass along the news of Parson’s return to Spacerock? It might be what snaps Caesar out of his funk.

Parson didn't ask.

I assume that some of this, "Hi", "Bye" stuff happens off panel.

Which makes me just realise, there's two types of assumption. The assumption you make when you don't know and are starting a theory, and the assumption you make just to tie off something you don't know so you don't have to start a theory. Mine is the latter version.
JadedDragoon wrote:
greycat wrote:
guynietoren wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure that was from the DuckTales intro.
(Crazy to think that Disney owns both DuckTales and Indiana Jones now)

Wasn't it from that movie with Weird Al in it? UHF?


Actually, I'm pretty sure both DuckTales (1987) and UHF (1989) were parodying Indiana Jones (1981).

Also, I'm sensing a joke here... or a reference of some kind... ::shrug:: I don't get it.


Actually the Duck Tales cartoon was based on Carl Barks’ Uncle Scrooge comic, which predated Raiders of the lost ark.
https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban-le ... ealed-133/
Salvage wrote:
Damn you Balder!

I have had Benny and the Jets stuck in my head for a WEEK now!(at least it is a good song)


And I'd finally shaken it until YOU brought it back up! :lol:
guynietoren wrote:
JadedDragoon wrote:


Actually, I'm pretty sure both DuckTales (1987) and UHF (1989) were parodying Indiana Jones (1981).

Also, I'm sensing a joke here... or a reference of some kind... ::shrug:: I don't get it.


Actually the Duck Tales cartoon was based on Carl Barks’ Uncle Scrooge comic, which predated Raiders of the lost ark.
https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban-le ... ealed-133/


Nicely researched. Have a Shmucker.
guynietoren wrote:
JadedDragoon wrote:
greycat wrote:

Wasn't it from that movie with Weird Al in it? UHF?


Actually, I'm pretty sure both DuckTales (1987) and UHF (1989) were parodying Indiana Jones (1981).

Also, I'm sensing a joke here... or a reference of some kind... ::shrug:: I don't get it.


Actually the Duck Tales cartoon was based on Carl Barks’ Uncle Scrooge comic, which predated Raiders of the lost ark.
https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban-le ... ealed-133/


You seem to need to separate the Ducktales animated series from the Ducktales animated series intro. The intro is not the series itself, it's just the intro. I'm talking about the intro. In fact, I'm specifically talking about a single scene from the intro. You are talking about the series in general. What you are saying is not applicable to what I'm saying.

Kaylasdad does a much better job of making his point when he points out there was an actual scene in the Ducktales comics that included the rolling boulder trap. By comparison, you've only shown that the series, in general, is based on the comic... not that the rolling boulder trap scene in the intro specifically is.

Ultimately your conclusion is not wrong, but your argument doesn't support that conclusion. If not for kaylasdad's arguments I would remain completely unswayed.
The joke croaked, and its body depopped, like, 2 days ago. :(
Vendanna wrote:
[..] ain't it a possibility that Charlie could transplant his mind into Bill's body and regain its mobilitiy that way? Or at least investigate what happened to Bill, in order to learn how to place a mind inside a doll (in order to restore its unit functionality and learn how to regain his motion?)

The good thing about regaining its motion, is that he will also regain its motivation, I think most of the reasons he doesn't "Act" actively is because he has a motion-sickness, with being paralized and that.

Motion... and Motivation... ah. The domain of the Turnamancer.

Imagine, maybe Benny is thinking of a way to sway Vanna into getting Bill to reTurn...

't Would solve TV's predicament in a pinch.
greycat wrote:
The joke croaked, and its body depopped, like, 2 days ago. :(


Perhaps I miss this forum's glue making days.
JadedDragoon wrote:
greycat wrote:
The joke croaked, and its body depopped, like, 2 days ago. :(


Perhaps I miss this forum's glue making days.


Is that how we stick together around here?