Book 3 - Page 306

Credits, you say...

Book 3 - Page 306
Comic - Book 3 - Page 306
Recent posts... (See full thread)
neko wrote:
Shit. Incoming Tin Foil Hatamancy: I sense a possible prisoner trade in the works.

[*] In the event Wanda and crew DO go through the portal to ICFYS, Jillian's occupying forces have been -significantly- reduced. Just gwiffins, megalos, and giants. http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/289

[*] While Jillian is theoretically protected by the GK/CC Contract, Wanda's bringing a Dollamancer to the party. Claud said earlier that one of his options for stopping Charlie's Action Figure would be to create restrictive raiment around it, the net effect being unit capture. http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/242

[*] GK/CC Contract states here, http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/31, that in the parts that pertain to JILLIAN - "...GK shall not cause bodily harm to, or destruction of, JILLIAN, by any means, directly or indirectly." The kicker here is that in reference to GK/CC Units, the trigger is *material* harm. In reference to Jillian, it is *bodily* harm. Restrictive raiment would trigger the former, but maybe not the latter.

Restrictive raiment? Like a straitjacket? Considering the face of her tower, this is all well suited for craaazy Jillian. (Slashing down prices with her three-edged sword.)
neko wrote:
Shit. Incoming Tin Foil Hatamancy: I sense a possible prisoner trade in the works.

[*] While Jillian is theoretically protected by the GK/CC Contract, Wanda's bringing a Dollamancer to the party. Claud said earlier that one of his options for stopping Charlie's Action Figure would be to create restrictive raiment around it, the net effect being unit capture. http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/242

[*] GK/CC Contract states here, http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/31, that in the parts that pertain to JILLIAN - "...GK shall not cause bodily harm to, or destruction of, JILLIAN, by any means, directly or indirectly." The kicker here is that in reference to GK/CC Units, the trigger is *material* harm. In reference to Jillian, it is *bodily* harm. Restrictive raiment would trigger the former, but maybe not the latter.



I just thought of an angle, I'm not sure it's been posed here before, but what if there is a prophecy that Wanda turns to Faq, that comes true, but the reason she turns is to circumvent the contract, betray Faq yet again, to either GK or TV ? Or to just take Faq over, either explicitly, or like Olive did with Haffaton ?
Something leapt out at me re-reading the comic about "Jerry Can"

"Did it have Duty and Loyalty ?" said Issac wishing he could open a tree on this. "it wanted its overlady to fight. That seems like a breach of its Duty."

"It had cause. She was an attuned wielder of an Arkentool, but she rarely used it,"


So out of four Arkentools and four known attuned users, we see that two of those users are described by others as having become withdrawn, and uninterested in warfare, or at least conquest. Two attuned users have set out to conquer the world. It's possible or even likely that this was always the case for Stanley, having been popped as a soldier. Wanda rationalizes everything she does as being in service to fate, but it seems obvious there's a little more to it than that. Still, it's an interesting dichotomy, especially considering the fact that Judy was the first "perfect warlord"
Here is what's bothering me about the last couple of updates, with regards to the molls sending gems through the crown. My understanding (please correct me if I'm mistaken) is that so far what has been established with regards to hat magic is that in order to send an item/message/etc. through a hat, not only must the object be placed in the hat, but one must wave a wand/scepter over the hat and speak the sending command word.

This leaves us with two problems with the scene we have been shown:

  • None of the molls appear to be manipulating a wand/scepter/etc. anywhere near the crown.

  • As golems, molls should be incapable of speech, therefore they cannot speak the sending command word.


Merely stuffing gems in a hat should not actually send them anywhere; it just gives you a heavy and uncomfortable hat. So how exactly has Charlie absconded with most of the GK treasury? By what has been previously established in this comic, it should be an impossibility. And if the answer is simply, "because Carnymancy," I'll probably scream, as in this case that just feels like a bad excuse to get around a difficult bit of writing. So, what am I missing?

I'm sorry to get so pedantic over this, but when reading works of fiction, one of the things that annoy me the most is when the works ignore their own established rules of their worlds.
neko wrote:

[*] Punky the Predictarodent says that Wanda will try to go though the ICFYS portal next. http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/268 (I'm not sure how "Buck stopping her" comes into play.)

I have a theory about that...but if I'm right I don't want to spoil it.
Spoiler: show
I Predict that Buck will stop her. Briefly. And then croak.

Something along the lines of
Wanda et al walking towards the portal.
Buck: (shot lined up on Wanda) you ain't gettin' through here, Croakamancer! I know it, I'm Fated ta stop ya!
Wanda: (pauses for a moment to stand still) you just did.
Buck: (color drains from his face on realizing his Fate bubble is now gone) {insert famous last words here}
[boop happens, Buck is croaked]
Dont touch my mustache wrote:
Something leapt out at me re-reading the comic about "Jerry Can"

"Did it have Duty and Loyalty ?" said Issac wishing he could open a tree on this. "it wanted its overlady to fight. That seems like a breach of its Duty."

"It had cause. She was an attuned wielder of an Arkentool, but she rarely used it,"


So out of four Arkentools and four known attuned users, we see that two of those users are described by others as having become withdrawn, and uninterested in warfare, or at least conquest. Two attuned users have set out to conquer the world. It's possible or even likely that this was always the case for Stanley, having been popped as a soldier. Wanda rationalizes everything she does as being in service to fate, but it seems obvious there's a little more to it than that. Still, it's an interesting dichotomy, especially considering the fact that Judy was the first "perfect warlord"


In Judy's case, her Fated role was likely to croak the two "witches" and acquire the two Arkentools.

Charlie and her both found satisfaction. Charlie could explore the world and beyond using the Arkendish. Olive interpreted this as abandoning his goal of world conquest. But was that actually his goal, or hers?

Judy could go anywhere, but had no reason to leave her happy home.

Olive messed with both of them.

Wanda and Stanley share the same goal: unite the Arkentools. Since smacking down Charlie is no easy task, they went for the other tool instead. Conquest is just the means to achieve their ultimate goal. Stanley might not have even done that much without Wanda's input.
Palagpat wrote:
Here is what's bothering me about the last couple of updates, with regards to the molls sending gems through the crown. My understanding (please correct me if I'm mistaken) is that so far what has been established with regards to hat magic is that in order to send an item/message/etc. through a hat, not only must the object be placed in the hat, but one must wave a wand/scepter over the hat and speak the sending command word.

This leaves us with two problems with the scene we have been shown:

  • None of the molls appear to be manipulating a wand/scepter/etc. anywhere near the crown.

  • As golems, molls should be incapable of speech, therefore they cannot speak the sending command word.


Merely stuffing gems in a hat should not actually send them anywhere; it just gives you a heavy and uncomfortable hat. So how exactly has Charlie absconded with most of the GK treasury? By what has been previously established in this comic, it should be an impossibility. And if the answer is simply, "because Carnymancy," I'll probably scream, as in this case that just feels like a bad excuse to get around a difficult bit of writing. So, what am I missing?

I'm sorry to get so pedantic over this, but when reading works of fiction, one of the things that annoy me the most is when the works ignore their own established rules of their worlds.


I don't know. When Slately received the gem from Charlie through his crown, he did not seem to use any sort of command, and he certainly did not have a wand. The panel with Skyy receiving the items from the crown doesn't show a wand of any kind, either, but it could just be out of sight. I don't want to say that "crowns are an exception," because we just don't have enough examples to prove that. However, crowns might be an exception.

I also don't know that molls are incapable of speech. Dolls can have speech, or at least one guarding the portal did. In Hvs.tCF 203, one of the guard dolls said, "Halt." Plus, Bunny mentioned that Fashion Bunny and Bill fought, "it didn't like him, and told him so often." It certainly appears that Bill can imbue a doll, at least, with speech, but that's no guarantee that he ever did the same with a moll.

Maxwell's golems, A. Dummy and Jerry Can, also spoke, of course.
Palagpat wrote:
Here is what's bothering me about the last couple of updates, with regards to the molls sending gems through the crown. My understanding (please correct me if I'm mistaken) is that so far what has been established with regards to hat magic is that in order to send an item/message/etc. through a hat, not only must the object be placed in the hat, but one must wave a wand/scepter over the hat and speak the sending command word.

Spoiler: show
This leaves us with two problems with the scene we have been shown:

  • None of the molls appear to be manipulating a wand/scepter/etc. anywhere near the crown.

  • As golems, molls should be incapable of speech, therefore they cannot speak the sending command word.


Merely stuffing gems in a hat should not actually send them anywhere; it just gives you a heavy and uncomfortable hat. So how exactly has Charlie absconded with most of the GK treasury? By what has been previously established in this comic, it should be an impossibility. And if the answer is simply, "because Carnymancy," I'll probably scream, as in this case that just feels like a bad excuse to get around a difficult bit of writing. So, what am I missing?

I'm sorry to get so pedantic over this, but when reading works of fiction, one of the things that annoy me the most is when the works ignore their own established rules of their worlds.

My understanding is that fancy words and what not are only required to receive the incoming stuff, and not to send it. The dolls are sending, so nothing fancy is required from them.

This way a king's crown doesn't become too full and heavy during inconveniant moments.
I'm willing to bet that the Maggie doll will become some sort of secret agent inside Charlescomm. If she turns to CC, Charlie might learn from Bill about its access to secure communications, and be fascinated enough to keep it around. Bill will at least want to understand how it killed RVC, because it's relevant to making real dolls with free will. But the link to Spacerock's temple will remain unknown to them... That puppet may prove to be vital for Intel gathering.
Anomynous 167 wrote:
Palagpat wrote:
Here is what's bothering me about the last couple of updates, with regards to the molls sending gems through the crown. My understanding (please correct me if I'm mistaken) is that so far what has been established with regards to hat magic is that in order to send an item/message/etc. through a hat, not only must the object be placed in the hat, but one must wave a wand/scepter over the hat and speak the sending command word.

Spoiler: show
This leaves us with two problems with the scene we have been shown:

  • None of the molls appear to be manipulating a wand/scepter/etc. anywhere near the crown.

  • As golems, molls should be incapable of speech, therefore they cannot speak the sending command word.


Merely stuffing gems in a hat should not actually send them anywhere; it just gives you a heavy and uncomfortable hat. So how exactly has Charlie absconded with most of the GK treasury? By what has been previously established in this comic, it should be an impossibility. And if the answer is simply, "because Carnymancy," I'll probably scream, as in this case that just feels like a bad excuse to get around a difficult bit of writing. So, what am I missing?

I'm sorry to get so pedantic over this, but when reading works of fiction, one of the things that annoy me the most is when the works ignore their own established rules of their worlds.

My understanding is that fancy words and what not are only required to receive the incoming stuff, and not to send it. The dolls are sending, so nothing fancy is required from them.

This way a king's crown doesn't become too full and heavy during inconveniant moments.


I still don't buy it; without some sort of command, how does one direct where the messages/items will be sent?