Book 3 - Page 293

Tiptoe past Dewy Tulips

Book 3 - Page 293
Comic - Book 3 - Page 293
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Beeskee wrote:
Adept wrote:
Free Radical wrote:

The Signamancy just seems to make more sense if you assume Judy is from a similar world to Parson's rather than the same one.

Seeming to make more sense to you is far from evidence. There are many ways this can go, and the simplest way you can see can be quite different from what Rob's vision is.

I suspect it won't be so mechanistically straight forward. I'm also pretty confident that Judy is from the same place as Parson, that being "the real world", or "our world, Rob's comic version" if you will.

She may be from the past though, and may have returned to it even.



She might also just be a girl who liked the Wizard of Oz. If so, the "story" Erfworld presented to her would have been familiar enough that she might even have powers similar to a Predictamancer, from an Erfworlder point of view, in addition to some Signamancer abilities (like Parson has) and she'd be a Commander/Warlord to boot.

Or indeed that :)
Beeskee wrote:

She might also just be a girl who liked the Wizard of Oz. If so, the "story" Erfworld presented to her would have been familiar enough that she might even have powers similar to a Predictamancer, from an Erfworlder point of view, in addition to some Signamancer abilities (like Parson has) and she'd be a Commander/Warlord to boot.

I think an interesting thing to note here is the fact that stuff 200 years ago in Erfworld references stuff in modern times. If the mechanics of Signamancy ever get explained, it'll be interesting to learn how that works.

As far as Judy coming from the same universe as Parson is concerned, is she a natural dwarf, or did Erfworld mutate her and take away the Heavy special?
Erfworld seems to have some very odd time dilation going on with our universe. Parson has been there for, what, 3-4 months, his time?

I'm not sure if Judy counted as a Heavy. I don't think so, Jillian would have thought about it during her escape plans, but I'm guessing/speculating there. I'm not sure how old Judy was when she was summoned. It's kind of creepy to think of an actual child being summoned to Erfworld, even if everything around them was Wizard of Oz themed.
ManaCaster wrote:
Beeskee wrote:

She might also just be a girl who liked the Wizard of Oz. If so, the "story" Erfworld presented to her would have been familiar enough that she might even have powers similar to a Predictamancer, from an Erfworlder point of view, in addition to some Signamancer abilities (like Parson has) and she'd be a Commander/Warlord to boot.

I think an interesting thing to note here is the fact that stuff 200 years ago in Erfworld references stuff in modern times. If the mechanics of Signamancy ever get explained, it'll be interesting to learn how that works.

As far as Judy coming from the same universe as Parson is concerned, is she a natural dwarf, or did Erfworld mutate her and take away the Heavy special?

Parson's just really big. And Judy is just a girl. Hence the size discrepancies.
I know Judy Gale is not Judy Garland, but just as a note, she was 4' 11", fully grown.
Also, while her age is never specified, the Dorothy of the Oz books is a child, not a teenager like Judy Garland. A child from Stupidworld would probably be about the same size as a standard Erfworlder.
Anomynous 167 wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:
Beeskee wrote:

She might also just be a girl who liked the Wizard of Oz. If so, the "story" Erfworld presented to her would have been familiar enough that she might even have powers similar to a Predictamancer, from an Erfworlder point of view, in addition to some Signamancer abilities (like Parson has) and she'd be a Commander/Warlord to boot.

I think an interesting thing to note here is the fact that stuff 200 years ago in Erfworld references stuff in modern times. If the mechanics of Signamancy ever get explained, it'll be interesting to learn how that works.

As far as Judy coming from the same universe as Parson is concerned, is she a natural dwarf, or did Erfworld mutate her and take away the Heavy special?

Parson's just really big.

Stanley specified he wanted the perfect warlord to be really big. The spell may have scaled him up.
Judy Gale could be so named simply because there's people in our world with a first name of Judy and people with a last name of Gale.

The Summon Perfect Warlord spell has an affinity for people whose names "fit" in some way with Erfly Signamancy. eg Parson Gotti -> Protagonist.
Are the names Jack listed the same characters that appear in E is for Erfworld?
"Observing a thing, changes it". You know what this reminds me of:

Dynasty Warriors *.

You that feeling where you keep getting that message "Our commander is in peril, you must help him immediately",and so you save the game, rush towards him, and by the time you get there you can plainly see him in good condition wiping the floor with mooks, and in no need of help. So you load the game after thinking the game was just throwing a bunch of hyperbole at you and go seek out a more "optimal" path. The game keeps telling you "Our commander is struggling. Assist at once!", more urgently and urgently, and you're like "He's doing fine, I just saw him do fine, he doesn't need me". And then your commander dies and you lose the mission.

Or when all your allied Generals head off to take on the Enemy Commander (after killing or defeating every one of his generals), and you're like "Finally, all this work I did saving your buts comes to fruition. And now I don't have to bother fighting the Enemy Commander who is way too bothersome for me with all of his HP, and potentially buffed attack". Only then it turns that either the Enemy Commander wipes out all your allied generals off screen, or more likely all your allies just fap about (either way, they're not doing a dent to the enemy commander).

So then you've got to either finish the job yourself, or watch as the enemy commander fights your allies on screen (less likely).


*Or do be more accurate playing Dynasty Warriors 5 recently, reminded me of that quote.