Book 3 - Page 192

the "truth" in quotes

Book 3 - Page 192
Comic - Book 3 - Page 192
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Another thought occurred to me. In page 17 of Digdoug's story, at the end King Posbrake says:

“Brother, why has our alliance acquired a third side?”

Meaning allies will get notified of changes in alliances.

If side A is allied with side B, and side A starts an alliance with side C, side C and B automatically become allies as well.

Meaning, since TV and FAQ are already allied, and TV might ally GK, does that mean GK and FAQ will be allies soon? Even if it's brief...
Also, imagine Jillian's face when she is in the middle of attacking an GK city and all of a sudden she's allied with her target. :lol:
multilis wrote:
Jill the leader of FAQ can sense location of all units including in FAQ and anything suspicious like units leaving city, and immediately give an order to go back into city.

FAQ may have garrison units with 0 move. Charlie can assist in better thinkomancy orders between Jill and FAQ.

Not saying coup can't happen, just may not be easy.

(This can be topic of crazy fanfic btw... lots to work with including skanks)

It is the garrison that matters, not the whole of the city. If all units are moved out of the garrison, then any enemy can take the city just by walking into it, even if their are moveless "garrison" units all over the rest of the city. GK takes a city with a bunch of defenders still on the walls here:
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+2/13
HardeHenkert wrote:
Also, imagine Jillian's face when she is in the middle of attacking an GK city and all of a sudden she's allied with her target. :lol:

... And if she attacks a single GK unit, every unit in the City of Faq that's not currently stacked with one of their few commanders will auto-attack Vinny.
BanzaiJoe wrote:
wih wrote:
Lonpone wrote:
I think Don remembers Vinny. He wrote up the report on the suspicious soldiers and gains FAQ achieved despite having little to no money. His viewpoint is probably represented in the Jillian panel with the teacup, soldiers and griffins.


That would probably be coffee, not tea; a reference to Jitterati, and the turning of the Giants to Faq (which was one of the points that Vinny put forward as suspicious and corroborating of him turning natural allies).


I think that's tea in reference to her initial sit down with Don. It encapsulates not only the money source but also her awkward relation to royalty.


Hot, dirty water in a cup.
HardeHenkert wrote:
Another thought occurred to me. In page 17 of Digdoug's story, at the end King Posbrake says:

“Brother, why has our alliance acquired a third side?”

Meaning allies will get notified of changes in alliances.

If side A is allied with side B, and side A starts an alliance with side C, side C and B automatically become allies as well.

Meaning, since TV and FAQ are already allied, and TV might ally GK, does that mean GK and FAQ will be allies soon? Even if it's brief...
Also, imagine Jillian's face when she is in the middle of attacking an GK city and all of a sudden she's allied with her target. :lol:


My Theory is that the side that created the alliance has permission of who joins it.
In this case, Jetstone.
No hard evidence, but it seems silly that any side in the alliance could disrupt a battle at a whim, especially in huge alliances.
Nightseraph wrote:

My Theory is that the side that created the alliance has permission of who joins it.
In this case, Jetstone.


It takes two to tang-- err, to create an alliance treaty.

Quote:

No hard evidence, but it seems silly that any side in the alliance could disrupt a battle at a whim, especially in huge alliances.


We don't know the actual rules of Erfworld, other than the few we've been shown. We have no evidence (AFAIK) that there is a specific rule about "alliances". It could simply be a contract, enforced by whatever Signamancy enforces contracts, according to the language written therein.

So if sides A and B have an alliance-contract of some kind, and there is a battle between B and C, and during this battle A does something to help C, then this might trigger the contract's penalties. Depending on what, exactly, side A does, and what the contract says about it.
greycat wrote:
We have no evidence (AFAIK) that there is a specific rule about "alliances".

We do, actually. We know that alliance affects the turn order.
zilfallon wrote:
greycat wrote:
We have no evidence (AFAIK) that there is a specific rule about "alliances".

We do, actually. We know that alliance affects the turn order.

We know Alliances are bound between all members of that alliance.
(again referring to page 17 of Digdoug); if A and B have an alliance, and C becomes an ally of A, it's automatically an ally of B.
Changing and swapping alliances during a battle messes with the turn order, we got that from digdoug as well; and of course with TV and FAQ's collapse on Stanley in book 1.

[speculation]

I personally suspect that 1 side is the 'alliance leader', and can allow other members to join their alliance. Possibly, they can upgrade other sides' status from 'member' to 'general/commander/not-member' to grant them more privileges, similar to how alliances work in MMO-real time browsergames like Travian, Ikariam etc. work.

Maybe alliance leaders and commanders (not members) can even set up and divide the spoils of war after a succesful conquest, similar to how Jetstone was the one setting up and dividing the potential prize for the RCC in book 1.

[/speculation]
I had completely forgotten about order of turns with respect to alliances. That does (potentially) make things a lot more complex than I was thinking.
just need to find out if TV or GK are the ones being attacked already gah!