Book 3 - Page 167

A bulletproof plan

Book 3 - Page 167
Comic - Book 3 - Page 167
Recent posts... (See full thread)
nimdil wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:

Why would they block Charlie's portal? It's a commonly known fact that Charlie has no units capable of going through portals. It's not like he has any casters on his side or anything.


Whoever shot first - GK or CC - it's fairly obvious there were CC units in MK to shot at. So sorry but your point is invalid.


What? No! GK were shooting at free casters. CC wasn't involved. That's just the lies GK is spreading to cover up their actions.

Seriously though, you're operating on reader perspective and not considering things from the free caster's perspectives. All they know is GK was hanging around a specific spot in portal park (more that likely very few of them know whose portal they were hanging around) and suddenly free casters started being croaked by ranged attacks coming from GK's direction. And that GK then proceeded to continue firing wildly into portal park while dance fighting for the buff.

You are choosing to believe they know more than that because it fits with the conclusion you like. But there are plausible explanations for everything they witnessed, including the presence of the decrypted archons and even apparently CC allied dead archons. For the former they were archons decrypted after the battle of spacerock that remained veiled and out of sight. For the later it was a simple foolamancy trick by jack giving the corpses CC raiment.

What? You think that's a stretch? Lol... you mean like this silly idea that Charley could tamper with the Titanic magic of the portals? Cause that's totally not ridiculous or anything.
Actually, that still don't fly, 'cause free casters had every opportunity to see unveiled, CC aligned Archons. And even if they hadn't seen them when they were alive, they still most definitely saw the corpses of CC Archons, and those most definitely were not taken all the way from GK's portal without anyone noticing. And Jack couldn't have fool'd their raiment, he was in a link at the time for all to see. And he obviously didn't need a link to fool corpses, so he was doing something other than that in it.

So no, it's undeniable even for the Casters from their own limited perspective that CC's portal can send live Archons through.

(As an unrelated note, how long do you think it'll take before a Dollamancer/Dirtamancer linkup is made to make ceramic-based, bulletproof vests? I figure kevlar without ceramics might not require a Dirtamancer.)
JadedDragoon wrote:
nimdil wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:

Why would they block Charlie's portal? It's a commonly known fact that Charlie has no units capable of going through portals. It's not like he has any casters on his side or anything.


Whoever shot first - GK or CC - it's fairly obvious there were CC units in MK to shot at. So sorry but your point is invalid.


What? No! GK were shooting at free casters. CC wasn't involved. That's just the lies GK is spreading to cover up their actions.

Seriously though, you're operating on reader perspective and not considering things from the free caster's perspectives. All they know is GK was hanging around a specific spot in portal park (more that likely very few of them know whose portal they were hanging around) and suddenly free casters started being croaked by ranged attacks coming from GK's direction. And that GK then proceeded to continue firing wildly into portal park while dance fighting for the buff.

You are choosing to believe they know more than that because it fits with the conclusion you like. But there are plausible explanations for everything they witnessed, including the presence of the decrypted archons and even apparently CC allied dead archons. For the former they were archons decrypted after the battle of spacerock that remained veiled and out of sight. For the later it was a simple foolamancy trick by jack giving the corpses CC raiment.

What? You think that's a stretch? Lol... you mean like this silly idea that Charley could tamper with the Titanic magic of the portals? Cause that's totally not ridiculous or anything.


Jack isn't in the Magic Kingdom and hasn't been for turns. I don't know how the free casters are explaining to themselves the dozen or so archon corpses in CC livery but I don't think Foolamancy is going to be it. There are too many casters that won't be fooled by that. Most of them are Eyemancers. but still...

Personally I think that no one's willing to publicly admit that CC can insert a force or archons into the MK until after Wanda has been found guilty and safely executed, as any evidence of an invasion of the MK by CC makes a guilty verdict less likely. Once she's a corpse, I expect there are MK factions that plan on stressing the archon incursion angle at Ivan's trial. Charlie claims to have an angle to save Ivan at that point and it might even be true, but I doubt the free casters are just assuming the livery on the corpses is a Foolamancy trick.
OneHugeTuck wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:

My god :shock: , and there's the matter of Victor being an Archon...

Victor isn't an Archon....

That's just what an Archon disguised as an elderly black man would want you to think!
Mad Raven wrote:
ShaneTheBrain wrote:
Point of order- why hasn't Gobwin Gnob already debriefed Bonnie on everything she knows about Charlescomm, and then ordered (or popped, then ordered) 100+ Scribes to make one copy per turn of that, then handed them out to every side and Magic Kingdom person who will listen? ...

Time for Parson to tell Ace about copying machines. He did work for Kinko's after all.


Sigged and tipped!
Urf wrote:
Clarence wants to caster-link feedback debilitate Janis and Sizemore. This is a goddamn trap.


To quote Admiral Ackbar:

Quote:

C-3PO: I'll see what Admiral Ackbar thinks. Are you there, Admiral?
Admiral Ackbar: {over radio} You've captured my attention.
C-3PO: There's a dead animal hanging on a tree.
Admiral Ackbar: {over radio} Intriguing. I have no idea what that might be.

http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/1362.html

Oh, and have a tip as well.
After reading the "Erf Little Ponies" fic (http://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/49138 ... acy-part-1 ), I have this idea:

What if Charles brings units through the portal into the MK hex, and then walks them all out to the adjacent hex?

From there, use long ranged attacks on the MK. No one in the MK has move, and their responses will fizzle at the hex boundary.

What do you mean, it's against the rules? He's a _CARNY_.
We're not sure if there IS a hex 'beyond' the MK. No one, to the best of our knowledge, has ever gone out to sea from the MK.
Anomynous 167 wrote:
peteratjet wrote:
Bear in mind that Bonnie is not negotiating directly with the TGMTTA, she is negotiating with Roger Victor Clarence, who demonstrably has his own agenda and is secretly communicating with Charlie. Who very probably is reporting to Charlie.

What could possibly go wrong?

My god :shock: , and there's the matter of Victor being an Archon...


Victor being an Archon? I thought that when they were talking about the highest ranking Archon to defect, they were talking about the one that is currently working for GK.

Or did I miss something?
You missed a forum joke, nothing more. Rob explicitly corrected the panel so it didn't seem like Roger was being called an archon, and said so. But it was funny so it seems it has become, for now, a running joke in the reaction threads.