Book 3 - Page 157

TV Drama on the Bunny Channel

Book 3 - Page 157
Comic - Book 3 - Page 157
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Dewey the Signamancer wrote:
TL;DR
Parson and Jack attempts to drive a wedge between Transylvito might have been obvious but it still works because Jillian actually is untrustworthy.


Don't forget that Caesar has also entertained the idea of conquering the New Faq.
Keiran wrote:
Best guesses:
Vanna is going to link with Charlie in order to pop TV's heir immediately on start of turn.
Charlie will demand payment in the form of Parson.
The new warlady we saw in the last TV update is the heir.


SomeoneOops wrote:
I can't see this being the case. A couple pages back Charlie was talking about how he often needed a discovery theater set up so that people wouldn't know how he knows the things he knows. Vanna is there to discover that Parson is there. That's Charlie's payment for letting TV use Vanna. Once Vanna knows, she can tell Charlie and he can deal freely with TV for Parson.


1- It's not like I keep a dossier of the Dish's different capabilities, but I think Linking was down or at least degraded due to the damage to the Shock Core. Or at least, they had to Fullsize it and then fly Charlie up there to do it anymore? One of those two.

2- Even that story is pretty off, because Vanna's entire cover here is she works for FAQ. "Hi Don! Can I tour your dungeons for no reason? Great! Oh! You're holding a low level Warlord FAQ has almost no interest in. I should call Charlie, who you really doesn't care for and who I totally don't work for, right away!"

Vanna's in a stressful situation because thanks to Slately, Don doesn't care for Charlie much either, so she has to hide that while still appearing to be loyal to Faq. And her mission to whatever to Parson (if that even IS her mission- if it's NOT that would be a huge priority jump) means she has to tinker with an asset that could save, or at least really help, the entire side of Transylvito for millions. A lot of people are interested in those prisoners! That strain should make for good storytelling.
ShaneTheBrain wrote:

2- Even that story is pretty off, because Vanna's entire cover here is she works for FAQ. "Hi Don! Can I tour your dungeons for no reason? Great! Oh! You're holding a low level Warlord FAQ has almost no interest in. I should call Charlie, who you really doesn't care for and who I totally don't work for, right away!"

Vanna's in a stressful situation because thanks to Slately, Don doesn't care for Charlie much either, so she has to hide that while still appearing to be loyal to Faq. And her mission to whatever to Parson (if that even IS her mission- if it's NOT that would be a huge priority jump) means she has to tinker with an asset that could save, or at least really help, the entire side of Transylvito for millions. A lot of people are interested in those prisoners! That strain should make for good storytelling.


Parson's value is a known quantity so he's not "some low level warlord" and FAQ is actively planning (with TV's blessing) to attack GK. Saying they wanted to see the GK prisoners and turn them isn't as wacky as you're making it out to be. "we want to take them back to FAQ to turn them and use them against Stanley since GK's entire strategy was made by these guys so they know and can counter it." They get transported back to FAQ and Jillian sells them to Charlie.
Carl wrote:
Quote:
I disagree Vanna is not there for Parson but for Doller-Bill.

If Doller-Bill can make a Doll Body for Charlie well Charlie just cheated Fate again. It sounds like the research CC would be interested in. Secondly it gets firearms outside of the RCC.

And before people will say oh But it is too late the MK has guns. CC has a lot of influence in the MK. The Tripods are in the custody of the dirtmansion faction. And all it takes is a lot of bribes are CC gets the guns back or at least quarantined from any side. CC can't prevent knowledge of the guns existence but he can sure suppress access to them.

Why it doesn't make sense for Parson is this: It has been shown that CC does not have access to multiple channels and the recording function. So while he knows something is going on he doesn't KNOW Parson is there. Not from the facts we have been shown in the updates at least. He got the back part of the Bunny/Bonnie talks and he wants to monitor them but he also has to deal with all his other contracted sides.

My money is on the Doller Bill. He is the only important piece in TV at the moment.


Erm, Charlie explicitly says in the very update your referencing that he's sending anna there to discover stuff he allready knows so he has a sensible reason to know it. He's upto other stuff too as he admits. But it's clear he knows about parson allready.

EDIT: To add to the above, after hearing the thinkagram he went doombat surfing. So he definitely knows parson is there since there's a doombat in the cell or cell block.

He doesn't explicitly say that he's sending Vanna to discover stuff, but it seemed heavily implied.
As far as TV not trusting Jillian, lets not forget that Jillian tried to stab Caesar in the face while they were allied.
Lerianis wrote:
What is with Transylvito's people thinking "Faq is going to double-cross them!" Did Parson/Jack really do that big of a number on them? At this point it seems like obsequious stupidity on TV's part.


People always look for justifications for how they already feel. It's human nature. So Caesar doesn't trust Jillian and wants to conquer FAQ anyway, so he readily picks up on anything that makes FAQ look bad. Don trusts Jillian, so when he hears something that would be a cause for concern, he gives Jillian the benefit of the doubt.

It's just natural carneymancy. Carnymancers don't take a skeptic cast a spell, and they suddenly go nuts. They find someone that wants to go nuts, and give a little push. Parson and Jack just gave a little push, but Caesar and Bunny wanted to go that direction anyway.
One possibility I haven't seen discussed is that Don King would voluntarily call Charlie as a broker for the sale of his warlord and foolamancer (as a ruse to suss out Charlie's interest).

His motivation ought to be that Charlie is the Big Bad, TV cannot take Charlie on now or in the foreseeable future, and this is a great opportunity to make nice with the guy who can make or break you. He also knows that he has tech stolen from Charlie (indirectly through GK's supposed manufacture), so again he has reason to contact Charlie if he wants TV to stay off of the "break" list.

He could ask for terms of equal schmuckers to those in discussion with GK, the use of Archons in wars to sort out all of their border issues, and a nice long-term non-aggression / non-competition pact. And that would settle every problem TV has for the near future.

To heck with FAQ's Turnamancer showing up. In his place, that alone would prompt my call to Charlie. Letting Parson be Turned to CC would cause the loss of all that trade value, so I'd be moving to prevent it until I had a contract in hand which would secure my side's near future.

And having Parson on FAQ (or TV's) side is a non-issue for TV anyways. TV is just an ally of the side who wants GK down (although it would be good to have GK out of TV's backyard) and TV has way more pressing concerns at this point.


But hey, we'll see what happens, I guess.
Count_to_10 wrote:
Just a thought: is the tattooed Warlady from the flash-forward that comes after this maybe The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo?


Wouldn't that be "The Goyle with the Dwagon Tattoo"? :P
BanzaiJoe wrote:
Is Vanna capable of changing Parson's mind about using the GTFO scroll?


Not necessarily. It is possible for the scroll to be used ON Parson by another caster. If you'll recall, Jojo was originally going to use the scroll on Parson himself.
ManaCaster wrote:
So Vanna is Noble. But this is the first we've heard of it. Why are casters less likely to use their titles than warlords? Even Royalty obsessed Jetstone doesn't use any among its casters, but does so among its warlords all the time.


See http://www.erfworld.com/blog/view/48056/ethereum for a decent theory of the psychology of different casters and their conventional rulers' feelings towards them.