Book 3 - Page 155

Red Hat Distribution

Book 3 - Page 155
Comic - Book 3 - Page 155
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Godzfirefly wrote:
Xarx wrote:
Frack? Probably from Battlestar Galactica.

Unless you meant that whole phrase, in which case you must get some strange looks when you stub your toe.

Isn't Frak from Firefly?

No, that's BSG for sure. Classic, even.
Where is the update? I can't see it...

OMG... is this what they call a Jed-Eye Mind-Trick? Update is there, but I was tricked into not seeing it?!

E.
Eclison wrote:
Where is the update? I can't see it...

OMG... is this what they call a Jed-Eye Mind-Trick? Update is there, but I was tricked into not seeing it?!

E.

They're updating the site and updates have been happening at irregular times lately anyways. So yes, it's probably going to be later than usual.
drachefly wrote:
Godzfirefly wrote:
Xarx wrote:
Frack? Probably from Battlestar Galactica.

Unless you meant that whole phrase, in which case you must get some strange looks when you stub your toe.

Isn't Frak from Firefly?

No, that's BSG for sure. Classic, even.
Isn't Classic BSG the one with Ben Cartwright and the stainless steel Cylons? 'Cos I don't recall any bowdlerized swearing in that show.
kaylasdad99 wrote:
Isn't Classic BSG the one with Ben Cartwright and the stainless steel Cylons? 'Cos I don't recall any bowdlerized swearing in that show.

Holy FRAK!
Xin's mastery of the world:

Who here sees the similarities?
Image

Let's list them shall we?
>The horizon
>In a tower overlooking the city
>Window shape and spacing
>The ring of chairs and the shape themselves, translated into a more juggle-friendly counterpart
>Treebeer = Ki-Adi-Mundi. Jus' sayin.
>Odie-Wan standing with Stanley (who is Ani-sized)

I have been lurking on this web-story-comic-saga-thing since 2011. I have never found a story more engaging and compelling; something that genuinely interests me. I am continually amazed at the talented artistry of story and universe-craft that Rob and Xin employ... My favorite character is Fawksull, but Rob's brilliance in constructing the perspective, emotions, philosophy, and motives of each character reminds me of Shakespeare's capacity to make us all understand the human condition. The parallels between each character and each niche of humanity that they embody are astounding to me. The more impressive thing still is that Rob doesn't necessarily forward a personal philosophy and agenda, forcing all the characters to the same conclusions in an attempt to dogmatize his audience... He seems more interested in helping us to see how each feels, and how their argument feels valid to them. Our agency remains fully intact; we can choose who and what we agree with and why. We can love each character from our side of the fourth wall, and yet simultaneously feel towards them the hate their enemies bear. The closest modern comparison I have is Ender's Game, but Shakespeare's plays, especially Hamlet, are much more similar. Just... D&Dified. Thanks ErfCo for everything you do to make us think and smile and giving us something to look forward to every Monday and Friday.

Also for fun:
Image
Eclison wrote:
Where is the update? I can't see it...

OMG... is this what they call a Jed-Eye Mind-Trick? Update is there, but I was tricked into not seeing it?!

It's there now, but no forum post. I wish the thread would post, I have questions about things that perhaps you folks can answer. :?
The Trade Federation.

Well, we know that Palpatine was controlling both sides from behind the scene. So, maybe Charlie is controlling something else.

We know he's gotten rich from basically combat contracts. Since he also knows that "business as usual" is now dead, he's going to have to come up with a different way to solve problems that he creates.

And, we know that Charlie has inter-universe awareness.

So: Charlie decides, after having seen this in other words (we know he can see our world) that being able to control trade is a way to make money. We know that contracts are actually nastier in ErfWorld than in Stupid World. So, he starts doing contracted trade with restrictions on your end user rights -- things that seem simple and straightforward, until you are in trouble. And, the NDA in the contract will prevent you from warning others about what they are signing.

That gives us both Charlie's next-plan, and a trade federation for people who don't want to get involved on either side of the CC / GK / MK war.

I so predict it (and off to the betting thread)
I imagined Parson hearing this, he's gained pun tolerance. I imagined him trying to address the obvious issues with a few ground rules... avoiding self-fulfilling prophecies and the like... my mind went into lockdown. Can Signamancy make Predictions?
Signamancy has an effect on predictions in the real world. By avoiding putting a person with poor Signamancy or signamancy of "BETRAYAL!" into positions of power, you might be able to avoid or less the severity of a prediction.