Book 3 - Page 124

Continue Player One

Book 3 - Page 124
Comic - Book 3 - Page 124
Recent posts... (See full thread)
cu wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:
300+ responses, and nobody has yet made a "Jack and the Magic Beans" reference yet? You guys are slipping.


Actually I thought of "Jack and the Beans Talk" when they first appeared on the comic a few updates ago, but in an entirely uncharacteristic manner I managed to suppress the urge to share the fruits of my sharp wit.

You started it. Now all bets are off.


I just got my first shmuckers and I am tipping you for "Jack and the Beans Talk" you guessed page 125!
Oath wrote:
I just got my first shmuckers and I am tipping you for "Jack and the Beans Talk" you guessed page 125!


You are way too generous, my good sir, I feel exceedingly honored to be the recipient of your first schmucking. Please allow me to keep one token of your esteem in appreciation and return the rest so you can liberally spread them around: there are most worthy candidates among the fanfiction and forum contributors!
Menas wrote:
If there's anyone who's going to learn how to hack the leveling system, it'd be Parson ;).
Charlie's proven equally competent, and has had more time.
Snowbody wrote:
- Charlie can reprogram golems (it was never stated to have turned; the GwK units around it didn't identify it as hostile)(...)Parson never followed up any of these
I didn't even think of that one, good job.
... Maybe the grenade was special? (first line under the quote, very appropriate)
cu wrote:
Oath wrote:
I just got my first shmuckers and I am tipping you for "Jack and the Beans Talk" you guessed page 125!


You are way too generous, my good sir, I feel exceedingly honored to be the recipient of your first schmucking. Please allow me to keep one token of your esteem in appreciation and return the rest so you can liberally spread them around: there are most worthy candidates among the fanfiction and forum contributors!


Well now I am going to have to tip you 9 more times! ;)
Copper is right. Oath, you really are too generous. Anyone could of come up with a decent Jack in the Beanstalk pun. The real challenge comes in figuring out a way to phrase it so it doesn't come out as forced.

The fact that no one made a "Jack in the Beanstalk"-pun, while a good observation is not itself a pun.
could have*
Jand and* the Beanstalk
Anomynous 167 wrote:
Copper is right. Oath, you really are too generous. Anyone could of come up with a decent Jack in the Beanstalk pun. The real challenge comes in figuring out a way to phrase it so it doesn't come out as forced.

The fact that no one made a "Jack in the Beanstalk"-pun, while a good observation is not itself a pun.


I'd say Oath valued that I came up with the same pun Rob used two days later. But indeed, it is a rather obvious one, in fact I only shared it prompted by MarbitChow's observation.

Schmuckers are actually a nice way of patting a fellow member on the back. If you are not Charlie-rich, I find it a good policy to tip a symbolic 1s for puns, intriguing ideas, archive searches, etc. This allows me to tip more people, which I think is more in the spirit of community that the system promotes.
I actually think it is a great idea for "likes" to cost something and reward the creator of the liked post - even if the amount is just symbolic.
Now we just have to implement it on facebook and youtube and hope people will be motivated to create thoughtful content and readers won't refexively upvote every trash they come upon.
Mirage GSM wrote:
I actually think it is a great idea for "likes" to cost something and reward the creator of the liked post - even if the amount is just symbolic.
Now we just have to implement it on facebook and youtube and hope people will be motivated to create thoughtful content and readers won't refexively upvote every trash they come upon.


Sshh! Don't say that aloud or mr. Z and Google start to sell likes.
Spruce wrote:
Mirage GSM wrote:
I actually think it is a great idea for "likes" to cost something and reward the creator of the liked post - even if the amount is just symbolic.
Now we just have to implement it on facebook and youtube and hope people will be motivated to create thoughtful content and readers won't refexively upvote every trash they come upon.


Sshh! Don't say that aloud or mr. Z and Google start to sell likes.


"Buy 'em in bulk while you can! 1000 likes for just $10! Special holiday pricing!"