Book 2 - Page 22

Book 2 - Page 22
Comic - Book 2  Page 22
Recent posts... (See full thread)
CubbyTBear wrote:
Oh my goodness. What if the Turnamancer tries to turn Parson? I mean, Charlie has got to know it's Parson who's the real gem right now ...


I think the general consensus is that this is impossible. If a turnamancer with low juices can turn an enemy warlord (or any unit) from that many hexes away then people would be doing it all the time. It'd be the most powerful tool ever...

So unless Jillian has a "teleportustoGKandpastalltheirdefenses" magic scroll hidden in her stylish hat, I don't think this is a viable option ;)
And because Parson is standing right next to Stanley who, if you haven't noticed, has a freaking HAMMER OF THE TITANS
Ehbobo wrote:
And because Parson is standing right next to Stanley who, if you haven't noticed, has a freaking HAMMER OF THE TITANS


Wait! Stanley has a hammer?? When was this established?! :lol:
"Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect."

Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.
If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble
Winged wrote:
If it were me, I'd take wanda's dwagon and kidnap her. suddently she is holding two sides ransom. She lets wanda go, jetstone is doomed, she keeps her captive, GK is in trouble


Jetstone, being able to recall their field units (especially the casters, archers, and leadership) this turn, may not be doomed. You can't cross zones when attacker and not your turn.
multilis wrote:

Do we *know* that? Possible that arkenpliers are part of "life" axis, and an attuned healomancer would first discover their healing powers. The magic kingdom mancers do feel that Wanda is doing stuff beyond croakomancy, upsetting the magic "balance".

There are small hints that Stanley's hammer may have powers beyond the known ones, eg the walnut to pigeons. Possible a different sort of attuned person could animate a few units per turn, similar to how Sizemore can animate.

The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?
Dances-with-Marbits wrote:

The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters! Also, it seems as if they were only treated as a weapon, when they were allowed out - they might have had all sorts of interesting non-weapon functions for the unattuned that no-one bothered to discover. I think the extent of Jetstone's knowledge was that the current wielder wasn't attuned to them, and that they were good at hitting things, and if those things happened to be uncroaked they turned to dust.
splintermute wrote:
Dances-with-Marbits wrote:

The Arkenpliers were in Jetstone's possession for Titans know how many turns, I highly doubt they have abilities that Ansom could have tapped into and wasn't aware of. Aside from that we have no idea what a warlord sees when looking at an item, do they see its abilities like when looking at a unit?

Text update 9 suggests the pliers were just kept in a vault in Spacerock, and taken into battle extremely infrequently. Just like the casters!

And Ansom wasn't attuned. It is possible that no royal unit *can* attune, which would balance their higher stats.

Possible that Jetstone was too stuck up on royalty to try giving pliers to a healomancer.
Dances-with-Marbits wrote:
Thing is, the Arkenpliers only have a special effect on uncroaked units, they don't shock living units; or heal them; or have any other effect.
They do offer their wielder, and by extension the possibility of the wielder's stack and/or hex, an artifact bonus in combat.