Book 2 - Page 16

Book 2 - Page 16
Comic - Book 2  Page 16
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Watsit Hoohow wrote:

Well, Transylvito didn't really buy the whole royalty scheme until Unaroyal fell. The RCC could crushed Gobwin Knob (minus Parson) pretty handily. So they sent a token force of Vinny and some bats to make it look like they were part of the alliance and washed their hands of it... until Stanely got a little too close for comfort, anyhow. Not to mention Transylvito generally seems pretty unwilling to get their hands dirty in a foreign conflict. They seem to either send very little, or they send a proxy, for the RCC and RCC2 respectively.

TV had air units, but the RCC didn't think it needed them. If Parson hadn't been found, they wouldn't have.

Well it goes back to the original discussion about the air forces the RCC brought to take on GK...
When it comes down to it, despite how large of a force they brought with them, Stanely's dwagons was still his most powerful card. As such, the RCC should have taken more care to build up a sizebale airforce to help counter the dwagons... thus leading to asking TV to bring in more air unit since that seems to be a specialty of there's
MonteCristo wrote:
Sieggy wrote:
Which raises the question of how Jillian was able to grab onto the belly of the Dwagon and gut shot him. If it was illusory, she should have simply grabbed air and commenced to falling . . . Unless there's an Erf mechanic a la Wile E. Coyote that gravity affects you only when you notice it . . .

i think the dwagon was real at that moment...
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F114.jpg
The way i see it, Jack created a bunch of fake bats... those are the bats we see in panel 3
Jillian stabs the real dwagon, and the gwiffen bites it's neck, but it did not actually die; for at the moment jack made the switch... the dead dwagon was an illusion and the real one mixed with that pack of fake bats... in panel 6, the pack of bats is where the real dwagon was... Stanely and Jack flying away was more foolamancy, they were really in the pack of fake bats with the dwagon that was again seen in panels 8 and 9... the "crypis" casting aswell was just for show to make it seem like they disappeared unmounted


I agree. I think there was far more going on in that scene than we know about.

So far, however : Absolutely no uses of foolomancy have demonstrated actual substance.
MonteCristo wrote:
Well it's kind of iffy...
In sizemore's update it was mentioned that the cities converted to GK cities when HE was doing the remodeling... at the very least it means that if you use a dirtamancer to change a city then it's type MUST change to the same as the dirtamancer's side; but it may also mean that a dirtamancer is the ONLY unit that can change a city's type

so in otherwrods, if TV claimed the ruins and rebuilt them, if they did not have a dirtamancer, they would HAVE to remain as Faq cities... they could only become TV cities if they got a dirtamancer... though it is possible that a dirtamancer is not required and that it could be that a ruler gets to choose whether the city remains as it was, or if they want to change the city to the same type as their own. Though razing the city is a requirement still


Good point. Although I thought Dirtmancers could make the city better at that phase (I might be misremembering something from the summer updates when they were fixing GK back up) so Wanda and Ansom might leave the rebuilding to Sizemore.

Although if a city's unit types could only be changed via a Dirtmancer after a city is razed it would be a good fail safe to stop unit types becoming "extinct", considering how rare dirtmancers supposedly are.
MonteCristo wrote:

Well it goes back to the original discussion about the air forces the RCC brought to take on GK...
When it comes down to it, despite how large of a force they brought with them, Stanely's dwagons was still his most powerful card. As such, the RCC should have taken more care to build up a sizebale airforce to help counter the dwagons... thus leading to asking TV to bring in more air unit since that seems to be a specialty of there's


The RCC didn't necessarily need a large airforce to counter the dwagons - they weren't anticipating having to chase them anywhere. What the RCC was anticipating was a siege, in which case all they needed to counteract the dwagons was massed archers (which they presumably had, because they were able to wound the dwagons doing the hit and run attacks on the siege equipment). Actually, it might have made more sense to not build up an airforce - why waste schmuckers on air units (air attack, high move), when you could probably spend the same amount to get a lot more archers (air attack, low move) - movement is irrelevant if all combat is expected to take place in a single hex.
Well, they SHOULD have been prepared for Stanley to run. Even before they summoned Parson, that was Stanley's plan. Take the Hammer and Dwagons and run.

Of course, only Jillian knew about Faq, but still....
Dancing Cthulhu wrote:

Good point. Although I thought Dirtmancers could make the city better at that phase (I might be misremembering something from the summer updates when they were fixing GK back up) so Wanda and Ansom might leave the rebuilding to Sizemore.

That's correct. that's the primary reason they have sizemore rebuild the cities since it reduces costs and what not... though in addition it results in a Gk type city, so it's something they are quick to use on cities which create weaker units
Quote:

Although if a city's unit types could only be changed via a Dirtmancer after a city is razed it would be a good fail safe to stop unit types becoming "extinct", considering how rare dirtmancers supposedly are.

Well, on dirtamancers, it's unknown why they are rare... But casters are not popped based upon the type of city... casters are a random pop that occurs while trying to pop warlords, and somehow the number and possibly the type of casters are supposedly determined by the side's ruler... so even if GK was wiped out completely and all their cities razed, it would not stop a dirtamancer popping up on just about any other side...

theseus2x wrote:
Well, they SHOULD have been prepared for Stanley to run. Even before they summoned Parson, that was Stanley's plan. Take the Hammer and Dwagons and run.

well, unless stanely's dwagons have zero upkeep, stanley making a run for it would not be a big threat... i mean they give chase and pretty much just have to wait for the dwagons to disband due to stanely not being able to maintain upkeep costs
theseus2x wrote:
Well, they SHOULD have been prepared for Stanley to run. Even before they summoned Parson, that was Stanley's plan. Take the Hammer and Dwagons and run.

Of course, only Jillian knew about Faq, but still....


Nah. Without FAQ, there'd be no reason to chase Stanley. Capital falls, he becomes a barbarian, can no longer pay upkeep for any of his dwagons, eventually runs into someone and gets croaked, or wanders around until he can no longer even pay his own upkeep and depops. The only reason that Stanley's escape was dangerous because there was a secret hidden kingdom for him to go to that nobody knew about; and that was so improbable that Ansom didn't even believe at first, when Jillian told him.
MonteCristo wrote:
and somehow the number and possibly the type of casters are supposedly determined by the side's ruler...


It's not so much that they're determined by the ruler... the quote we have is something along the lines of "it is said that the titans read the ruler's heart, and give the side what it needs." (Not going back to find the exact quote, but it's something like that.)

The ruler doesn't actually get to pick them; we just know that it tends to work out for the best, and may (or may not) be influenced by any of the ruler's wants, character, needs and the demands of plot/fate, via either an unknown game mechanic or via titans paying attention and choosing.
MonteCristo wrote:
Well it goes back to the original discussion about the air forces the RCC brought to take on GK...
When it comes down to it, despite how large of a force they brought with them, Stanely's dwagons was still his most powerful card. As such, the RCC should have taken more care to build up a sizebale airforce to help counter the dwagons... thus leading to asking TV to bring in more air unit since that seems to be a specialty of there's


That's still discounting that the RCC had MORE THAN ENOUGH to take Gobwin Knob regardless of whether or not Stanley's Dwagons were there. Not to mention that they knew Stanley wasn't very clever either. The two major plans they would have thought out were: Stanley makes last-ditch attack, which fails. Or Stanley pulls in for siege, which also fails. Maybe they would have also planned for Stanley making a break for it, but since that really seemed to be more in response to Parson's failure, it's debatable whether or not he would have done that without Parson (him not having Parson is how the RCC would have planned it). Either way, they would have destroyed Stanley in a full-on battle, and that's all they expected him to do (hit-and-run with Dwagons was a Parson plan). Hence: no need to ask for more air support from Transylvito.

And that's still not counting that Transylvito didn't really start buying the royalty ideology until after the Battle for Gobwin Knob, which I suspect is why they didn't send all that much to begin with.
MonteCristo wrote:
Dancing Cthulhu wrote:

Good point. Although I thought Dirtmancers could make the city better at that phase (I might be misremembering something from the summer updates when they were fixing GK back up) so Wanda and Ansom might leave the rebuilding to Sizemore.

That's correct. that's the primary reason they have sizemore rebuild the cities since it reduces costs and what not... though in addition it results in a Gk type city, so it's something they are quick to use on cities which create weaker units


I thought, while reading that update, that razing the cities in the first place is what converts the cities to GK's city types. No matter what you do at that point, once you have completely razed a city, you can only rebuild that city as your own city type.

It was Sizemore that made razing cities practical to do on purpose. Otherwise, they'd have concentrated more on not raising cities completely if they could help it. Too many schmuckers to rebuild without Sizemore. But Sizemore didn't convert the cities, the act of razing them did. Or that's how it seemed to me.