Book 2 - Page 98

Book 2 - Page 98
Comic - Book 2  Page 98
Recent posts... (See full thread)
Aww, not Captain Archer... :cry: though he was a poor impostor in Emiya's clothing, he was still one of my favourite minor characters.
Though, 's long as Sylvia's alive, I won't complain about anything. She's just too awesome.

I'm wondering if the spontaneous killing of Archer was not another manifestation of Sylvia's unnatural survival, actually. Considering that, if Ace hadn't redirected the fire towards him, Sylvia might have got that boulder on her head. Bit of a stretch, maybe, but is there any rule to the workings of her carnymancy protection?
Ilmari de la Red wrote:
I'm wondering if the spontaneous killing of Archer was not another manifestation of Sylvia's unnatural survival, actually. Considering that, if Ace hadn't redirected the fire towards him, Sylvia might have got that boulder on her head. Bit of a stretch, maybe, but is there any rule to the workings of her carnymancy protection?

Ziggy thinks that there is a 97% chance that you are right!... though admittedly it could be a repayment for any of the handful of units with fate/luck armor.

Also, IIRC, Clay Dice was saying that even he didn't know where the good numbers of luckamancy came from... just that they were stolen.
cheeseaholic wrote:
But one was a roll from Archer, while another one was a roll from an opposing doll. It's not one roll from archer being offset by another roll from archer; it's two different units. Why should archer get hit by the rock as opposed to a random infantry? Or the dwagon?


Attack rolls could be between units, not belonging to one or another.
In this scene, there is alot of fighting going on. Two armies fighting. Units being croaked. The brings up an interesting chance for a question. When units are killed, experience is handed out and units level up. When casters level up, they go from adept to master class. What happens when soldiers level up? More hits for sure but what else? What about dragons? They have killed alot of jetstone infantry. More hits, stronger breath attacks, but what else? New types of attacks? Can a stabber level into something more than just a higher level stabber? A weapon specialization? So far in the story, we have seen casters and the things they can do. Not so much on the rank and file soldiers tho. Some stuff is obvious but not everything is.
Interesting. So there's luckamancy in play.

Perhaps Charlie (who may or may not have been meddlng with luckamancy via spawnrates previously) has been taking bad rolls from one sided batles (Artemis leading knights against he dwagons) and saving them up for when he needs them, such as the battle that will let him capture Parson.

Sneak.
erutan20 wrote:
In this scene, there is alot of fighting going on. Two armies fighting. Units being croaked. The brings up an interesting chance for a question. When units are killed, experience is handed out and units level up. When casters level up, they go from adept to master class. What happens when soldiers level up? More hits for sure but what else? What about dragons? They have killed alot of jetstone infantry. More hits, stronger breath attacks, but what else? New types of attacks? Can a stabber level into something more than just a higher level stabber? A weapon specialization? So far in the story, we have seen casters and the things they can do. Not so much on the rank and file soldiers tho. Some stuff is obvious but not everything is.

Classes are independent from level. Being a higher level makes your spells better though. I suspect that infantry class is also independent of level. We have heard about high level infantry, AND the classes of infantry (knight, stabber, etc.) and units can pop in higher classes. Finally, infantry can go to knight class by practice, and Wanda has a need to drill with weapons.

Put this all together and I suspect that infantry classes are similar to caster classes. Independent of level. But through training and practice a unit can get new classes of infantriness.
. . . . where's the Don's bat? I hope the poor little critter is still OK, and wasn't Pewed by Slately who thought it was a kinky goth Archon . . . .
Lamech wrote:
erutan20 wrote:
In this scene, there is alot of fighting going on. Two armies fighting. Units being croaked. The brings up an interesting chance for a question. When units are killed, experience is handed out and units level up. When casters level up, they go from adept to master class. What happens when soldiers level up? More hits for sure but what else? What about dragons? They have killed alot of jetstone infantry. More hits, stronger breath attacks, but what else? New types of attacks? Can a stabber level into something more than just a higher level stabber? A weapon specialization? So far in the story, we have seen casters and the things they can do. Not so much on the rank and file soldiers tho. Some stuff is obvious but not everything is.

Classes are independent from level. Being a higher level makes your spells better though. I suspect that infantry class is also independent of level. We have heard about high level infantry, AND the classes of infantry (knight, stabber, etc.) and units can pop in higher classes. Finally, infantry can go to knight class by practice, and Wanda has a need to drill with weapons.

Put this all together and I suspect that infantry classes are similar to caster classes. Independent of level. But through training and practice a unit can get new classes of infantriness.


Stanley himself started as a piker that got promoted to warlord that got promoted to heir designate.
Stanley was promoted though, we've never seen someone train to a more advanced unit... Even the oft sited example of Artemis' knights was actually probably meant to mean trained up in level. It's never actually been said anywhere that you can train up to a different level in unit type e.g. Stabber -> Knight.
There's a simple explanation for 97% Luckamancy repayment. Archer just one hit killed Count Downer. That was amazingly lucky hit. It's just a Luckamancy repayment for a siege to one hit kill him a moment after his lucky shot.