Epilogue - 012

Epilogue - 012

Turns since TBfGK: 1

They had to camp that night in the rain. All the hexes in the foothills were rainy. But they couldn't stop short in a clear hex; they needed to take full-move turns to make it home in three days rather than four.

Jillian was annoyed at that. The slowest of her two gwiffons still had a dozen move left. They didn't take much penalty for flying in mountains and none in hills, so she could have made the whole trip in two turns, if anyone trusted her to. Instead, she had to camp on soggy grass, and would have to ride out on a wet, squishy mount in the morning.

She unpacked and expanded her tent and bedroll alone, huddled between her poor wet beasts on the leeward slope. Nobody tried to build a fire. The Transylvitians were shut up tight, standing in their caskets, munching or drinking who knew what. Jillian didn't want to think about it.

Then again, the list of things she didn't want to think about was pretty long at this point, and that was a relatively safe question to consider. She lay on her damp bedroll, listening to the steady spatter on the tent canvas above, and decided to believe that Caesar ate rats.

Comic - Epilogue - 012

Recent posts... (See full thread)
BarGamer wrote:
Ragn Charran wrote:
It's the old "am I a man dreaming I'm a butterfly or a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?" debate, is Earth or Erfworld the true reality, and which is the fictional creation of the other? That's assuming, of course, that only one can be real, but Rob through his writing and Jamie through his art style between the two realities makes it pretty clear to me that both truly are real.


[Epileptic-Sarcastic Tree]OBVIOUSLY, it's Hamstard dreaming that he's Parson, in the Erfworld universe. Any and all inconsistencies, bloopers, or other mistakes, including which section of the site it's to be posted, is because of a caged hamster's misunderstanding of the outside world. C'mon, guys.[/Tree]

The point is not that Erfworld is "just a dream". That's a boring old trope that I don't think our authors would stoop to. An infinite number of equally real universes will provide just what you are looking for, dreaming of, if you have the ability to find and get.
Bargamer wrote:
[Epileptic-Sarcastic Tree]OBVIOUSLY, it's Hamstard dreaming that he's Parson, in the Erfworld universe. Any and all inconsistencies, bloopers, or other mistakes, including which section of the site it's to be posted, is because of a caged hamster's misunderstanding of the outside world. C'mon, guys.[/Tree]


I'd say that theory is more logical than about 50% of the stuff I see bantered around. :lol:
Goshen wrote:
The point is not that Erfworld is "just a dream". That's a boring old trope that I don't think our authors would stoop to. An infinite number of equally real universes will provide just what you are looking for, dreaming of, if you have the ability to find and get.


Madness? THIS. IS. SARCASM! *Kicks you into the Sarchasm, at the bottom of which is lined with spiky spites.*
PS: You're a Tool, right? So am I. Did you listen to that special Podcast in the Toolbox? I did. The very reason I used my "sarcastic epileptic tree" tags is because I knew my post was wrong, but I wanted to post the funny anyways. Man, I can't WAIT until the Internet supports telepathy...
can anyone explain to me why they're called "epileptic trees?"
I take no responsibility for the hours wasted once you click this link. Seriously. I'm just a messenger, here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... epticTrees
BarGamer wrote:
I take no responsibility for the hours wasted once you click this link. Seriously. I'm just a messenger, here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... epticTrees


Been there, done that, seen the XKCD.

Also, thanks.
ohh, now i know and wish i didn't, it's far less clever than i thought.

i thought the tree bit referred to the braching theorires from a small piece of actual information, never really thought the epileptic bit through to a conclusion though
BarGamer wrote:
Man, I can't WAIT until the Internet supports telepathy...
You know sometimes I think this and then I remember that I do not want pop-ups in my head.
I mean sure, Norton Mind-Blocker works most of the time but even one failure is too many!

:? . . . And you just know AOL is trying to get inside your mind . . . :shock:
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:
BarGamer wrote:
I take no responsibility for the hours wasted once you click this link. Seriously. I'm just a messenger, here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... epticTrees


Been there, done that, seen the XKCD.

Also, thanks.


Been there for almost three hours. Damn you!
So if Wanda joins FAQ before Stanley finds out does that mean he can no longer disband her?